Bring Hope to Children with Cancer
18 people are interested
Help connect children with cancer with their friends and classmates using technology. Volunteer to set up tablet computers and more!
Position: Champion of Hope, Hopecam Program Volunteer
Mission: Hopecam is a 501c3 charitable organization with the mission of using technology to overcome the social isolation of children in treatment for cancer. Recognizing the critical need for socialization with their friends and classmates, Hopecam seeks to bridge the lonely divide between homebound or hospitalized children and their friends at school using tablets, web cameras, and Skype.
To learn more, visit www.hopecam.org
Position Description: The Program Volunteer will provide critical support to Hopecam’s program staff with administrative aspects of the "connection process.". Some of the projects we need volunteer support with include:
- Calling Parents for intake and follow-up
- Calling schools to facilitate Skype connection
- Preparing informational packets to ship to children, schools, and social workers
- Setting up tablets and preparing tablets and webcams to ship to children and schools
- Entering applications into our database, and more!
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Be a team player willing to "pitch in" in areas not outlined in position description
- Excellent PC skills and well-versed in PC version of Micrsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humor
- Sophisticated interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable transportation to Hopecam office
Minimum Committment: 3 months, 3-4 hours/week
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to a regular schedule after training. A criminal background check is required prior to start.
Please email email@example.com if interested.
12100 SUNSET HILLS RD STE C10, RESTON, VA 20190, US
Hopecam connects children undergoing treatment for cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses, with their friends, family members, and classmates using tablets and web cameras.
Among the first side-effects a child experiences after diagnosis of cancer or other life-threatening diseases is being cut off from their friends and school. Hopecam uses technology to help children overcome this social isolation. We work with the schools to educate them as to the importance of connecting with these children, providing information, IT support and hardware as needed. We program and give the children tablet computers equipped with webcams so they can connect with their friends and family.
We'll work with your schedule.
12100 Sunset Hills RoadSuite C10Reston, VA 20190
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours/week, minimum 3 month commitment
- This can be a remote volunteer opportunity once training is complete