Family Communications Volunteer (Bilingual)
5 people are interested
Mission: Hopecam is a 501c3 charitable organization with the mission of using technology to overcome the social isolation of children in treatment for cancer. Recognizing the critical need for socialization with their friends and classmates, Hopecam seeks to bridge the lonely divide between homebound or hospitalized children and their friends at school using tablets, web cameras, and Zoom.
To learn more, visit www.hopecam.org
Start Date: Immediately
- Assists with any disconnections from school and student
- Communicates with families on their experience with Hopecam and school connections
- Help troubleshoot any tech issues
- Must maintain a positive and professional culture when speaking with families
- Must speak Spanish
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Sophisticated and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Team player and willing to "pitch in" in areas that are not outlined in description
- Excellent PC skills and well versed in PC version of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Detail orientated
- Reliable transportation to Hopecam office
- Must pass criminal background check
- 3 months, 3-4 hours/week
- Sense of humor
If you are looking for a one-time opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. No phone calls please
12100 SUNSET HILLS RD STE C10, RESTON, VA 20190, US
Hopecam connects children undergoing treatment for cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses, with their friends, family members, and classmates using tablets and web cameras.
Among the first side-effects a child experiences after diagnosis of cancer or other life-threatening diseases is being cut off from their friends and school. Hopecam uses technology to help children overcome this social isolation. We work with the schools to educate them as to the importance of connecting with these children, providing information, IT support and hardware as needed. We program and give the children tablet computers equipped with webcams so they can connect with their friends and family.
We'll work with your schedule.
12100 Sunset Hills RoadSuite C10Reston, VA 20190
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- 1 time a week 3-6 months