Help Make a Difference! - Owatonna, MN
As a Heartland Volunteer, you can spend just a little of your time and talents - and make a very big difference in the life of a patient!
As a Companion Volunteer, your role would be to provide company and support to our elderly patients. These visits take place where ever our patient’s call home; nursing home, assisted living, or private home. Our volunteers do not provide hands-on care, however, they do offer support that focuses on enhancing the quality of life.
Some activities volunteer perform are:
- Reading to patients
- Playing music (either recorded music or an instrument if you know how)
- Creating a "Legacy Book"
- Looking at pictures
- Taking patients for wheelchair rides
- Watching TV or a movie together
- Playing game/attending activities together
- And many more!
- Filling out a Volunteer Application
- 1:1 meeting with our Volunteer Coordinator
- Self-paced training manual and reviews
- Background check/fingerprinting
- 2 step TB test (we offer this free at our office)
- Minimum of 2, 30-minute visits per month.
We'll work with your schedule.
334 Cedardale Dr SEOwatonna, MN 55060
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2, 30-minute visits per month