Civic Art Lab 2019: Open Call for Workshops, Talks, Exhibiting Artists & Designers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
We are pleased to announce the call for contributions to the 5th annual Civic Art Lab. This year's theme for Civic Art Lab is "Closing the Loop + Inhabiting the Loop", focuses on the intersection of sustainability, design, and art in a circular economy. Civic Art Lab is a pop-up gallery and workshop space, hosted by GreenspaceNYC. This year's lab will be held at Chinatown Soup, for a 2nd year.
Please fill out the following form to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUQELnx_o2dNWdmX2o4PzTENTscd08MThj6sQvUsucRJ0EAw/viewform
Our annual lab will take place October 10th-12th. We invite applicants interested in giving a 20 minute talks, 1-1.5 hr workshops, or to participate as exhibiting artists, designers, scientists, and educators. The submission deadline is August 1st, 2019. You will hear back from us by August 15th, 2019. Those admitted will qualify for material sponsorship through Material for the Arts (NYC Office of Cultural Affairs). We also have limited digital printing sponsorship from University partners. Please note in your application if you would like to request printing. *Civic Art Lab is volunteer powered and fueled each year by donations from community members who participate in our free events.
Topics for programs and exhibits may include, but are not limited to:
- Art, design, and scientific collaboration in a circular economy
- Zero-net-energy and zero waste in art, design, and architecture
- Cities and the circular economy
- Closing the loop in practice
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (responses, ephemera, performance)
- The future of sustainability and resilience
- "Inhabiting the back-loop" (Wakefield, 2017)
- Upcycling and reuse (food, textiles, artistic materials)
- Technology and closing the loop + inhabiting the loop
- Data visualization and analysis on a circular economy
- Interpretations of Anthropocene - theoretical, practical, and visual
For additional questions, please email Laura at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Chinatown Soup16 Orchard StNew York, NY 10002
- Environmental Education
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers can work a minimum of 3 hours, up until the entirety of the lab.
- Volunteers who want to submit proposals will work for the duration of their workshop, talk, or exhibition.