1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Role brief: This is a Volunteer role which requires in-depth knowledge and a lot of creativity in theater productions, hands-on experience and overseeing multiple elements. The candidate will work on creating plays and musicals that portray the harsh reality that Haitian girls are facing while living in domestic servitude.
- Manage & train employees, such as theater managers, filmmakers, actors, interns & volunteers stylists, actors.
Assign tasks and create schedules for all cast and crew involved, including deadlines for the project and for individual workers.
- Prepare theater materials including venue boxes, binders, introduction scripts & queue card.
- Chooses equipment and other tools such as camera, audio, and lighting equipment, that fit the project in addition to editing software and other computer programs.
- Scout, select and reserve theater locations.
- Creating & developing plays & musicals (including but not limited to layouts, scripts & formulating event budgets).
A bachelor’s degree in a field such as theater or arts management or equivalent working experience.
Minimum of two years of professional experience in theater production is preferred.
Minimum volunteer hours expected: 15 hrs per week.
Research content for the play or musical they produce and may also proofread, edit, and fact-check scripts.
Time management and planning.
Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently.
Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 20, 2021
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
- 15 hours a week