Reconnection Workshop Associate Needed!!
1 person is interested
The Reconnection Workshop Associate provides free courses to military, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings. Volunteers teach an array of structured skill-building classes to help service members and veterans--as well as their families and support systems--identify and cope effectively with the unique challenges that arise after a Vedeployment.
* Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
* Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans and their families
* Work under the supervision of Regional SAF Lead
* Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
* Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
* Record volunteer hours per Red Cross policy
Time Commitment: Facilitate at least two workshops per year
* Must be a either: a current school psychologist, a current school counselor, a current psychiatric nurse, or a licensed mental health professional--hold a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
* Available to mentor and co-teach training with new RW facilitators
* Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
* Masters level or above mental health degree
Sign-up to volunteer today at www.redcross.org/volunteer nd=rco_opportunity_browse_list or email questions to Juana Zapata at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Dr. Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
6235 River Crest Dr. Suite ARiverside, CA 92507, CA 92507
- Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Public Speaking
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training