Event & Special Projects Intern
Purpose of Position:
- The Event & Special projects Intern will gain valuable experience in the areas of community outreach and event coordination while working alongside the Volunteer Services Coordinator and the Director of Communications and Marketing to plan CLUES events and special projects. The intern will primarily support with the planning of Fiesta Latina - Fiesta Latina is a celebration of Latino Heritage through community wellness, arts, fitness, food and entertainment! This daylong festival will be held at CLUES Saint Paul Headquarters on Saint Paul’s East side, bringing the community together to provide educational and entertaining activities throughout the day.
Position Type: Unpaid internship
- Flexible schedule during regular office hours (Mondays - Fridays, 9:00am - 5:00pm)
- Minimum time commitment: 10 hours per week. Some weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Must be available on Saturday August 10, 2019
Location(s): CLUES St. Paul: 797 East 7th Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
Responsibilities: For each CLUES event in which the intern will support key staff, the responsibilities will be as follows.
Public and Partner Relations:
- Assist in community outreach and promotion of CLUES events.
- Assist with event communications with partners, vendors, and clients. Forward requests and questions to supervisor when appropriate.
- Coordinate event participation of community partners.
Event Logistics and Preparation:
- Assist with event preparation (day before event) and set-up (day of event).
- Support event staff during Fiesta Latina event. Tasks may include: support with raffle prizes, live-stream, volunteer management, general event support.
- Compile client surveys and draft summary
- Create an event recap to be sent to event volunteers, partners, vendors, and funders.
- Send thank-you’s to event volunteers, partners, vendors, and funders.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
CLUES reserves the right to terminate an internship or volunteer commitment if behavior is not in compliance with CLUES policies.
- Experience in event planning, event coordination, and community outreach highly desired.
- Must be highly organized and have experience in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and awareness, professionalism, and responsibility.
Requirements & Training
- Training will be provided initially and on-going as needed
- A criminal background check will be required.
For More Information and/or to Apply:
- To learn more about this and other opportunities or to apply, please visit: clues.org/volunteer
- To apply for internship positions, please also submit a resume and cover letter.
Please contact volunteer services with any questions comments or concerns
firstname.lastname@example.org | 651.379.4220
We'll work with your schedule.
797 East 7th StSaint Paul, MN 55106
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- 10 hours per week. Scheduled during business hours, 9am-5pm