6 people are interested
Position Summary: The Adoption Coordinator is responsible for client service and the adoption of animals at The Dog Cafe including but not limited to: adoption placement and facilitation adoptions for The Dog Cafe dogs both at the cafe and at offsite adoption events, creating a positive experience for clients, ensuring quality customer service, ensuring accurate record keeping for animal disposition, providing adoption support, training of volunteers in all aspects of the adoption department, assisting in various volunteer programs, animal care and promoting animals and the adoption program to the public.
Essential and Primary Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the complete adoption process according to The Dog Cafe standards and philosophy to include: surveys, checklists, agreements, dog meet dog intros, screenings, medical records, written correspondence, email, and phone calls.
- Replying to Adoption Applications and all email correspondences within 24 hours
- Ensuring all volunteers are trained in all policies and procedures of The Dog Cafe, and that they deliver quality customer service, including assisting all clients with finding appropriate pets by facilitating introductions to appropriate animals and disseminating appropriate information.
- Answering of client inquiries through the adoption team primarily including but not limited to: answering emails and basic questions from the public and appropriately directing emails to other team members when relevant, overseeing responses and information is delivered to appropriate staff as well as respond to general email inquiries.
- Assisting with in and out of house adoption events as needed including ensuring the location is decorated to fit said event.
- Providing high quality customer service to people who visit or email The Dog Cafe as well as resolving problems and addressing any client dissatisfaction
- Adhere to and be acquainted written policies, procedures, protocols, forms and training materials for adoptions, client service; in regards client service and adoptions.
- Keeping animal records current with information which will help place them into suitable homes, foster homes or rescue including entering past and current medical examinations, observations and behavior notes in Petstablished as needed.
- Utilize shelter Petstablished to effectively and efficiently track animals coming to and going from the cafe and update files as required including tracking adoptions.
Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to make decisions on behalf of the organization as to approval of animals into adopted homes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically demonstrate flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Knowledgeable of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer literate: Google docs and mail and other programs.
- Ability to professionally advocate The Dog Cafe’s position on issues.
Physical and Job Requirements:
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Ability to effectively interact with and handle all dogs.
- Must be able to commit to 1 hour per day responding to emails.
- Must be able to commit to 3 hours per week to being at the cafe getting to know the dogs you will be helping find forever homes for!
About THE DOG RESCUE
240 N VIRGIL AVE STE 12B, LOS ANGELES, CA 90004, US
The Dog Cafe’s mission is to revolutionize dog adoption by reinventing the way people connect with rescues who need homes by rescue, rehabilitation and re homing.
We hand pick less adoptable dogs from kill shelters and rehabilitate in a safe comfortable free roam setting. potential adopters or visitors pay an entrance fee and hangout with all our dogs on couches/chairs and play/cuddle with our superstars. we give medical care/socialization and some training to ensure they are happy and healthy.
240 n virgil ave #12Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90004
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Animal Care / Handling
- Orientation or Training