3 people are interested
Overview of Responsibilities: The position will oversee and implement all aspects of the volunteer program including recruitment, screening, placement, retention, appreciation, evaluation and development. Respond to all volunteer inquiries, have a general idea of the volunteer needs for the organization, placing volunteers where they are most needed and can use their strengths.
Overview of Requirements: In this critical position, the volunteer should have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and build rapport with people. Experience managing people and/or volunteers strongly preferred solid working knowledge of The Dog Cafe.
- Serve as a liaison between the staff and volunteers.
- Assist in communicating with individuals and groups who wish to volunteer
for The Dog Cafe as well as with current volunteers.
- Support the The Dog Cafe’s goals to strengthen its volunteer program by increasing engagement and the effective placement of volunteers into high-demand positions.
- Strive to maintain a positive and supportive environment for volunteers.
- Provide daily management and coordination of volunteers.
- Recruit, train and lead one-time event volunteers to support The Dog Cafe fundraising events, as necessary.
- Plans and coordinates all volunteer recognition efforts, including volunteer appreciation events.
- Professionally represent the mission, philosophies, and goals of the The Dog Cafe.
- Recruit, place, train, schedule, and coordinate volunteers serving in a variety of roles at the The Dog Cafe.
- Serve as the point person for volunteers at adoption specials and other The Dog Cafe events, fill in when extra support is needed.
- Write and maintain communications for the volunteer program to include the volunteer portal, emails, and articles.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the community service program - including responding to inquiries and applications, leading orientations, scheduling and
managing community service volunteers, and maintaining timesheets and files.
- Respond to inquiries about the volunteer program.
- Assist with volunteer orientations and trainings including scheduling, set-up and presentations as required.
- Develop, prepare and distribute training and policy materials for the volunteer program.
- Co-facilitate meetings with volunteers regarding grievances, concerns, breech of volunteer agreement, etc.
- Assist with screening volunteer applicants, including conducting interviews and surveys.
- Maintain the volunteer database and assist with tracking volunteer program statistics.
- Help plan and implement volunteer recognition events and volunteer/staff gatherings.
- Be available to coordinate volunteers to support The Dog Cafe staff during emergencies (i.e. evacuations, hoarding/mass intake cases, etc.), as
- Recruits volunteers for fundraising and special events.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required (developing program reports, administer record keeping systems, conduct needs assessment, etc.).
- Proven program management, public speaking, training and event planning experience highly preferred.
- Experience using volunteer management software, or comparable data base management software, highly preferred. Public relations experience a plus.
- Experience working in an animal welfare organization preferred; animal handling experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills. Supervisory and emotional intelligence skills.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Highly organized, resourceful, proactive and flexible; capacity to prioritize
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Proficient in data entry and reporting.
- Strong commitment to the welfare and proper treatment of animals.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 1 hr per day commitment required (from computer or phone).
- Able to commit to doing 1 volunteer orientation per week.
- Noise and odors are encountered due to animals.
- Able to commit to being at the cafe a minimum of 3 hours per week.
About THE DOG RESCUE
240 N VIRGIL AVE STE 12B, LOS ANGELES, CA 90004, US
The Dog Cafe’s mission is to revolutionize dog adoption by reinventing the way people connect with rescues who need homes by rescue, rehabilitation and re homing.
We hand pick less adoptable dogs from kill shelters and rehabilitate in a safe comfortable free roam setting. potential adopters or visitors pay an entrance fee and hangout with all our dogs on couches/chairs and play/cuddle with our superstars. we give medical care/socialization and some training to ensure they are happy and healthy.
240 n virgil ave #12Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90004
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Orientation or Training