1 person is interested
General Description and Responsibilities:
The foster coordinators are responsible for approving and setting up new foster homes throughout Los Angeles. They will process incoming foster applications in a timely manner and hand the approved foster applications off to a placement coordinator. The foster coordinators will assist with special projects as needed such as posting for new foster homes.
The Foster Coordinator will also ensure that the new foster has all of their new placement coordinators information and knows who to go to with questions.
Specific Job Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 18+ and have a valid drivers license
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of The Dog Cafe and the public.
- Work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a
variety of people.
- Access to internet at least 1-2 times a day.
- Smartphone highly suggested for accessing emails when needed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment under sometimes tight
- Maturity and good judgement
- Ability to show compassion and empathize with the foster families.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Proficiency using Gmail preferred, including google drive (was google docs)
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction at times.
- Well organized
- Respect for all people and animals
- Demonstrate affection for animals and concern for their welfare.
- Ability to handle stressful or awkward situations with new fosters or The Dog Cafe volunteers.
- Understanding of all animals that might be placed within Los Angeles. (different breeds of dogs)
- Familiarity with animals, knowledge of animal behavior, and experience working with animal
welfare programs is preferred.
- Be able to drive to foster homes or events if needed (not often)
- Previous experience working with animals is preferred.
Ability and willingness to allow for a flexible schedule is key. Anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour a day is expected to be average. Ability to spend a minimum of 3 hours per week at the cafe getting to know the dogs you will be placing is also needed.
About THE DOG RESCUE
240 N VIRGIL AVE STE 12B, LOS ANGELES, CA 90004, US
The Dog Cafe’s mission is to revolutionize dog adoption by reinventing the way people connect with rescues who need homes by rescue, rehabilitation and re homing.
We hand pick less adoptable dogs from kill shelters and rehabilitate in a safe comfortable free roam setting. potential adopters or visitors pay an entrance fee and hangout with all our dogs on couches/chairs and play/cuddle with our superstars. we give medical care/socialization and some training to ensure they are happy and healthy.
240 n virgil ave #12Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90004
- Animal Care / Handling
- Orientation or Training