Community Health/Social Work Volunteer - Medical Clinic
3 people are interested
At OPEN M, we are dedicated to reducing health disparities and providing patient-centered services to people with limited access to medical care. Since 1995, the OPEN M clinic has provided care for uninsured adults throughout Summit County. We offer comprehensive medical care that is focused on chronic disease management. Enrolled patients receive all services, including medications and diabetic supplies, free of charge.
In order to ensure our patients have the highest level of care, assistance in the following areas of social services are needed:
- Creating/ Reviewing patient care plans/ making updates
- Coordinating outside services (such as transportation) for those without any
- Informal Counseling
- Wellness checks/ follow up phone calls
- Providing awareness and education on alternative access to community health services in the area
- Assistance with referrals
- Crisis management
- Connections to resources local and other
- 211 navigation
- Education on Medicaid/Medicare eligibility
- Domestic violence/Abuse awareness and education/resources
- Where to find food
- Where to find housing
- Help with utilities
The social determinants of health are the economic and social conditions that influence individual and group differences in health status. These are all challenges that the population we serve face on a daily basis. We need to provide the appropriate services to our patients in order to help them attain their highest level of health and well- being.If interested, please fill out our volunteer application at: https://openm.org/volunteer-application/
About OPEN M
941 Princeton Street, Akron, OH 44311, US
Our mission is to provide pathways out of poverty for all by feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, and strengthening the community.
OPEN M is a non-profit located in South Akron. We offer a variety of programs including a free health clinic for the uninsured, food pantry, hot lunch program, educational programs, family development, and more!
We'll work with your schedule.
941 Princeton StreetAkron, OH 44311
- Customer Service
- Orientation or Training
- Our clinic is open based on volunteer doctor and nurse availability. Some doctors volunteer weekly and others monthly.