Service to the Armed Forces (SAF): Family Contact Card Caseworker
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We prepare new military families to know what to do when faced with an emergency and provide information about other Red Cross programs and services. Red Cross reaches out to military families at different stages of their military career at Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS), at Pre and during deployment events and at Newcomer's Briefs after station changes to make sure families have the Red Cross information they need to be prepared.
- Call military families to provide Red Cross preparedness information.
- Provide information and referral services, as necessary.
- Document case activity in the case management system.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Online SAF case management system training
- In-person training
About American Red Cross: Michigan Region
1800 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48912, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
1800 E Grand River AveLansing, MI 48912
November 14, 2019
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible; nights and weekends preferable. Great virtual opportunity! Minimum commitment of ten cases per week.
- Strong interpersonal communication and listening skills Enjoy working directly with others Able to work with diverse populations Must be able to work with a computer Knowledge/experience with the military a plus