Disaster Action Team Duty Officer - Athens County
Volunteer from home and make an immediate positive impact on someone's life!!
Make a difference in your community without going through your front door!! Join the American Red Cross and become an integral part of the Disaster Action Team (DAT). DAT Duty Officers dispatch responders to local emergencies such as home fires, to ensure the effected individuals get the help that is needed.
- Helps determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to direct DAT response
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Supports and trains new Duty Officers
- Dispatches response team(s)
- Monitors the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available
- Activates Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notifies chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient or willing to learn Red Cross systems and working online
- Sit/stand for minimum of 2-hour period
- Work long periods on the computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Be sure to have your photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, state issued photo ID), as you will need to upload a picture of it to your application. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Mike Vance, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or at 740-725-9141.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
We'll work with your schedule.
100 S May AveAthens, OH 45701
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four, 6-hour shifts per month - a total of 24 hours a month
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection, computer and phone