Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer
Join the American Red Cross and become an integral part of the Disaster Action Team (DAT). DAT Duty Officers dispatch responders to local emergencies such as home fires, to ensure the effected individuals get the help that is needed. The DAT Duty Officers ensures this through timely activation and monitoring of the local DAT Teams.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to direct DAT response
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Support and train new Duty Officers
- Dispatch DAT Team
- Monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notify chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient at Red Cross systems and working online
- Sit/stand for minimum of 2-hour period
- Work long periods on the computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/local/ohio/buckeye/volunteer.html, scrolling down the page and clicking on the red "Get Started" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 614-395-3924.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 S May AveAthens, OH 45701
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two, 6-12-hour shifts per month