Contribute stories about Holualoa, Hawaii's history
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
- Use our quick guide
- Pick from our list of places and events, or find your own
- Search online to find stories (in archived newspapers, etc)
- Fill out e-form with biblio citings
- Send in (soon be able to upload)
- Receive notification when published/shared
- Feel good about helping connect and share stories about this special place
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About PULAMA IA KONA HERITAGE PRESERVATION COUNCIL
PO BOX 768, HOLUALOA, HI 96725, US
To preserve, protect, and enhance the special qualities of historic Kona.
We are leading an effort to share a sense of place via 'crowd sourced' history research that contributes to the mobile guide applicaton 'Clio' and community connections outreach.
We are leading a grass roots community effort to save Holualoa, a historic village in Kona mauka (upland), starting with making it more walkable via 'Holoaloa 20:20'
We led the creation of Hawaii's first scenic byway, the Mamalahoa Kona Heritage Corridor. We need to do more to help save this historic 12 mile road that winds its way through a 'kipuka' of old Hawaii and the center of Kona coffee farming country.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours minimum. But, you may get hooked and want to do more!
- We depend on the quality and verifiabilty of our contributions. 'Cite your sources' and share a story you find interesting. No technical skills are required. But, our work is used by the community, visitors, and historians.