Environmental and Social Justice Coordinator
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Environmental and Social Justice Coordinator position is to help strengthen the Sierra Club group and chapter efforts on environmental and social justice issues.
This work is done in coordination with community-based organizations so that Sierra Club can use its institutional resources to add capacity to existing community based environmental and social justice work.Activities
- Support Sierra Club staff, volunteers and local and state organizations working on environmental and social justice issues.
- Recruit more Sierra Club volunteers to work on environmental and social justice issues.
- Assist community partners in research for financial resources that support local environmental and social justice work.
- Familiarity with and commitment to the Jemez Principles (see below).
- Deep concern about environmental and social justice (E&SJ) issues, and the ability to articulate them.
- Experience in building and sustaining relationships with community members.
For information and resources, contact:
Sierra Club’s Environmental Justice Home Page:
Sierra Club’s Environmental Justice Policy:
It is to be understood that not all coordinators will do all of these activities but that any and all of them do fall within the environmental and social justice charge. It is expected that the coordinators will do those things of which they are capable and have the time and energy to do.Jemez Principles
- Be inclusive
- Emphasis on bottom-up organizing
- Let people speak for themselves
- Work together in solidarity and mutuality
- Build just relationships among ourselves
- Commitment to self-transformation
We'll work with your schedule.
131 N. High Street Suite 605Columbus, OH 43215
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 10 hours a month