Bridges Center for Grieving Children Seeking Volunteers
19 people are interested
- Have time to volunteer twice a month on Monday or Wednesday nights?
- Have good listening skills?
- Enjoy working with families?
- Want experience co-facilitating peer grief support groups?
- Have a desire to give back to the community?
Bridges Center for Grieving Children offers support to bereaved children and families. Volunteers co-facilitate and host grief support groups twice each month from Sept through May. A limited number of training spots are open to those who can commit to a year of volunteering at Bridges.
Summer training: Aug 22 - 25 9am - 4pm
Volunteer shifts run from 5:30-9:00 p.m. 2x/month on either Monday's or Wednesday's Sept 2019 - May 2020
- Volunteers must commit to volunteering 100 hours.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, mentor, or employer.
- MultiCare will conduct a criminal background check on all volunteer applicants.
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
311 S L StreetTacoma, WA 98405
- Family Therapy
- Child Development
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3.5 hours 2x/month
- Mandatory training August 22 - 25 9am - 4pm