Director of Communications
3 people are interested
Rolling applications close June 15th, 2019. To apply, please fill out this form, https://forms.gle/fQjMbAsvMSkug8hc8 where you will be asked to provide either your LinkedIn profile or a CV. Due to a large number of applications, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
We are Jara (www.joinjara.com) a growing international education technology startup based in San Francisco that is working towards providing emergency education through the Jara Unit to displaced children whose education is disrupted due to conflict and/ or natural disasters. We are currently seeking an experienced volunteer master of communications to help us increase our communications efforts and get us to launch.
The Company: We are creating the Jara Unit, the first low-cost IoT education device that can enable a child to learn anywhere, anytime without requiring pre-existing infrastructure. The device runs on solar and crank power and contains geographically customized content, updatable through IoT technology. The Jara Unit is a long-term viable alternative learning solution so every child on this planet can get access to the quality education they deserve.
The Role: We are looking for a volunteer to join the team as our Director of Communications. In this position you will manage our communications channels from the website to social media to ensure that our progress is well communicated to all stakeholders. We are a small, close-knit, energetic team and there is room for growth within the role and organization. This role can be part-time or full-time, and can be based out of our San Francisco office or remotely. Please note that this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
- Develop, manage and maintain a master communications calendar for Jara
- Create content for, and manage Jara’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter)
- Manage the company website including its marketing tools, i.e. the newsletters, blog and other relevant updates.
- Monitor current affairs and developments in the areas of education and development to share on our communications platforms
- Monitor the engagement of our social media platforms
- Manage external requests and delegate to correct team member
- Be passionate about marketing, storytelling and creating high-quality content consistently
- Passionate about education, empowerment and development work
- Experience with social media strategy, execution and management, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Background in HTML, and experience with website building platforms, primarily Squarespace preferable
- Ability to work independently and to plan and organize work effectively
- Graphic Design background, and advanced design skills with the Adobe Suite
- Advanced Google Suite and Microsoft Office skills, familiarity with Slack, Asana or other team organizational software
- Collaborative mindset
- Strong organizational, project management and creative problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Entrepreneurial, self starter and comfortable with working in a distributed team
- Flexible: you thrive off of the energy of a fast-paced startup environment
Jara does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
We'll work with your schedule.
San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA 94110
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training