- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Pet Pal volunteers bring their furry best friend to visit hospice patients in private homes or nursing and assisted living facilities. Provide pet companionship to people who may no longer be able to care for pets. Pets (and volunteers) need to be comfortable with new environments, crowds, and loud noises.
Pets can include:
- Other small, well-trained animals (please inquire)
ALL volunteers must:
- complete a volunteer application & training
- pass a background check
- have a valid driver's license
ALL pets MUST be up to date on their shots. You will be asked to provide shot records. Therapy, emotional support, and service animals are welcome!
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Cooley.
About Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care
8241 S Walker Ave, Ste 204, Oklahoma City, OK 73139, US
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients’ individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
Possible Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care hospice volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers - Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers - Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers - Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers - Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers - Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers - These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
We'll work with your schedule.
8241 S Walker AveSte 204Oklahoma City, OK 73139
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is dependent on the volunteer. 1-2 hours every week to every other week is ideal. But we are flexible!