Auction Manager for Maya's Hope Virtual Gala
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Maya's Hope!
We are looking for an auction manager for the Maya's Hope Virtual Lotus Ball this fall!
The Auction Manager (Manager) serves as leader of the silent auction (and brief live auction) and takes on the personal responsibility for the success of this important aspect of the Gala. The Manager must be goal oriented, result driven, flexible, and provide motivation for host committee members, donors, and volunteers. The Manager is a volunteer position and will report to both the Gala Chair and President of the organization. The Manager’s responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Forming the auction sub-committee, assigning roles, and supervising the committee members (all volunteers, all of whom will report directly to you)
- Deciding which "high ticket" items should be reserved for the brief live auction
- Soliciting auction items from companies, individual donors and host committee members
- Serving as a resource for host committee members who need assistance soliciting donations
- Keeping track of donations in an organized fashion
- Creating descriptions of auction items - both for online and display tables
- Packaging items where appropriate and creating descriptions of items
- Setting the values, minimum bids, and bidding increments for auction items and packages
- Implementing the technology platform for mobile bidding
- Setup / cleanup of auction tables
- Ensuring winners receive their items or coordinate post-gala shipment/delivery
- Ensuring donors of auction items receive an acknowledgment letter
- Train check-in volunteers on how to register guests for mobile bidding (including entering their credit card details for payment)
- Train auction volunteers on how to assist guests with mobile bidding (or bid for them with their phone or iPad if the guest does not have a mobile device)
Any of these responsibilities may be delegated to auction sub-committee members, but ultimately will be the Manager’s responsibility. Auction sub-committee members may be recruited from the host committee, your own network, or other volunteer matching platforms, but it is your responsibility to ensure that the sub-committee members are responsible and trustworthy. The Manager should have experience running auctions (with a particular emphasis on silent auctions) and must demonstrate prior success.
If you meet these criteria, please send an email explaining why you would like to join and please attach a copy of your resume or LinkedIn page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected, you will be part of an extraordinary event that directly impacts the lives of the children we serve.
We understand that not everyone has the time and resources to meet these expectations but still have a desire to help. To this end, there are other volunteer opportunities available for those individuals who are unable to commit to the full list of tasks outlined above.
About Maya's Hope
31 West 34th Street, Suite 7065, New York, NY 10001, US
Maya’s Hope is a 501(c)3 non-profit with a mission to help children living in extreme poverty. We send financial aid to provide for basic needs such as proper nutrition, medical care and school essentials. We also strive to give hope and love to each child, to nurture a strong foundation for their future.
Maya’s Hope works to improve the quality of life of orphaned, impoverished, and special-needs children on a global scale. Whether providing funding for loving caregivers, vitamin-rich formula, or access to quality medical care, Maya’s Hope improves lives, one child at a time!
Maya’s Hope is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to helping cutie pies around the world.