ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Reports to : Events Director
Time : 5-10 hours per week
Location : Flexible within the U.S.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will work within the Events Department to support and plan ESW’s biennial conference and its interim digital/regional conference. The Events Department is composed of an Events Director and several Coordinators who work together closely to ensure that the chapter hosting the biennial conference is well supported and the digital conference is well structured. The Director and all Coordinators will develop the conference theme; coordinate scheduling and content; handle all logistical planning; gain and maintain partnerships with international, national and regional sponsors; market the events; and communicate effectively and efficiently within HQ and to the ESW network.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing the sponsorship brochure with desired sponsorship levels and perks
- Developing relationships with and procuring funding from regional, national and potentially international partners and sponsors
- Maintaining relationships with past and current partners and sponsors
- Attending weekly Events Department meetings (meetings are scheduled based on the availability of all volunteers in the department)
- Communicating with the Events Department, the Events Director and Development & Partnerships Department
- Tracking and maintaining sponsors on Nation Builder
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with an ability to balance priorities, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working on event planning (events for school or clubs, conferences, etc.)
- Experience using digital tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and video conference (we use Zoom)
- Able to work well both independently, establish and meet deadlines, prioritize tasks
- Passion for sustainability and technical problem solving
- Comfortable working effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Comfortable working in a remote, virtual team environment
- Comfortable working in a dispersed team across multiple time zones
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW) is nonprofit dedicated to empowering engineers to tackle sustainability challenges. We believe that engineers, and anyone who loves to solve problems, are key to solving today's biggest sustainability challenges. Founded in 2002, ESW is an international network of over 1,750 members and more than 45 collegiate chapters working to build a more sustainable world through technical hands-on projects. Since its founding, ESW has supported over 300 chapter-led projects in 12 countries and 23 states and Canadian provinces.
About ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
424 SAPPHIRE WAY, PITTSBURGH, PA 15224, US
To empower engineers to tackle sustainability challenges.
ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply.