Chapter Liaison Coordinator
ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Time : Part-time (5-10 hours per week), Flexible
Location : Flexible within the U.S.
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW) is nonprofit dedicated to empowering engineers to tackle sustainability challenges. We believe that engineers, and anyone who loves to solve problems, are key to solving today's biggest sustainability challenges. Founded in 2002, ESW is an international network of over 1,750 members and more than 45 collegiate chapters working to build a more sustainable world through technical hands-on projects. Since its founding, ESW has supported over 300 chapter-led projects in 12 countries and 23 states and Canadian provinces.
Chapter Liaison Coordinators will be the main connection between the Programs Department and ESW chapter project teams. They will work with program participants to communicate program requirements and content. They will also assist program participants in facilitating connections with community partners and professional and technical mentors. Chapter Liaison Coordinators will be instrumental in setting clear expectations for program participants to ensure chapters have successful project execution.
- Helping individual chapters with project proposals, project execution, and reporting
- Having 1:1 calls with individual chapter teams
- Providing project guidance and mentoring to local chapters
- Connecting project teams to community partners
- Connecting project teams to professional and technical mentors; pairing professionals from the ESW mentor-mentee program to program participants
- Assisting Program Director(s) (Build Day, CommUnity, Project Grants) with program development, fundraising and outreach strategies, scheduling and organizing project meetings and special events, and assessing and improving ESW’s programming
- Scheduling and leading project meetings with chapters to communicate program requirements and aid in identifying and addressing roadblocks alongside chapters
- Being a liaison between the PR/Marketing Director and program participants to facilitate marketing campaigns, newsletters, social media posts, blog posts, etc
- Attending bi-weekly Programs meetings
About ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
424 SAPPHIRE WAY, PITTSBURGH, PA 15224, US
To empower engineers to tackle sustainability challenges.
ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply.