Professional Relations Coordinator
ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Reports to: Networks Director
Team: Networks Department
Time: Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
Salary: Volunteer, Required Travel Covered
The Professional Relations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining communication with ESW’s professional chapters and members. This comes in the form of providing support to professional chapters, helping professional members start new chapters, and sending out information and updates to all of ESW’s professional members.
Currently, we are looking to better define what our professional chapters looks like. As such, it will be part of the Professional Relations Coordinator’s job to develop a vision and model for our professional chapters.
The Professional Relations Coordinator is also responsible for ESW’s professional mentorship program. This includes seeking out new professional mentors and working with the Chapter Relations department to match up professional mentors with student chapters.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé/CV to email@example.com . Please contact us with any questions you may have as well.
- Maintaining relations with current professional chapters
- Working with professionals interested in starting new professional chapters
- Developing a vision and model for our professional chapters
- Creating a set of resources to provide guidance to new professional chapters
- Running our professional mentorship program
- Sending out newsletters to current professional members
- Attending weekly Networks Department meetings and fortnightly National Team meetings
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience with ESW during professional life
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of the breadth of sustainability topics
- Be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our Mission, Vision, and Values
- Be a current ESW member, either through a chapter in good standing or an at-large membership
About ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
424 SAPPHIRE WAY, PITTSBURGH, PA 15224, US
To empower engineers to tackle sustainability challenges.
ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply.