Chapter Relations Coordinator
ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Reports to: Chapter Relations Director and New Chapter Development Director
Team: Chapter Relations
Time: Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
Salary: Volunteer, Required Travel Covered
Chapter Relations Coordinators (CRCs) are the main connection between ESW chapters and ESW-HQ. They work with chapter leaders and members to create open communication between the chapter and the rest of the ESW network, make sure chapters know about current ESW-HQ initiatives, help chapter leaders with strategic challenges, and create useful content for student chapters. CRCs also reach out to new schools in target geographical areas to find faculty and students that may be interested in starting new ESW chapters. CRCs are instrumental in onboarding these new chapters and helping them get off to a successful start.
- Helping individual chapters solve local issues and thrive
- Having 1:1 calls with individual chapters throughout the academic year
- Helping run several Chapter Leader Calls throughout the year
- Informing chapters about new HQ initiatives
- Connecting chapters to each other, to local professional members, and HQ
- Creating and distributing helpful material to chapters on topics such as fundraising, project management, member retention, etc.
- Helping to start new chapters and grow our network
- Attending mandatory weekly CR meetings
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Be passionate about sustainability, and agree with our Mission, Vision, and Values
- Optional, but strongly encouraged: Prior experience with an ESW chapter, preferably as a project or chapter leader
About ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
424 SAPPHIRE WAY, PITTSBURGH, PA 15224, US
To empower engineers to tackle sustainability challenges.
ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply.