Social Media Specialist
4 people are interested
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. We are seeking someone to assist with public relations (PR) and marketing via social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube).
- High level of personal motivation
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube, preferably in a business/nonprofit setting
- Writing, communication, and organizational skills are a must
- Interest in the history and culture of Boston’s West End is a plus
- Marketing or PR background desirable, but not essential
- Write and schedule social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube
- Generate ideas/plans for growing social media audience/followers
- Work with archive committee to determine content to share with social media followers
- Coordinate content with supervisor
Most of this volunteer position is done remotely. You need to be available once a month for marketing committee meetings, some of which are conducted at the Museum, some via conference call. You need to be able to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
To apply, please send your resume and a note about any relevant experience not reflected in it. Links to social media samples are helpful, but not required for application.
We'll work with your schedule.
150 Staniford Street - Suite 7Boston, MA 02114
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18