Social Media Specialist
10 people are interested
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. We are seeking someone to assist with public relations (PR) and marketing via social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube).
- High level of personal motivation
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube, preferably in a business/nonprofit setting
- Writing, communication, and organizational skills are a must
- Interest in the history and culture of Boston’s West End is a plus
- Marketing or PR background desirable, but not essential
- Write and schedule social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or YouTube
- Generate ideas/plans for growing social media audience/followers
- Work with archive committee to determine content to share with social media followers
- Coordinate content with supervisor
Most of this volunteer position is done remotely. You need to be available once a month for marketing committee meetings, some of which are conducted at the Museum, some via conference call. You need to be able to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
To apply, please send your resume and a note about any relevant experience not reflected in it. Links to social media samples are helpful, but not required for application.
About The West End Museum
150 Staniford St., (Entrance on Lomasney Way), Boston, MA 02114, US
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. The Museum acknowledges its role as and educational institution and a trustee of significant material culture. The West End Museum fulfills its mission by providing exhibits to the public and access to its collections for research, and serving as a resource to the West End neighborhood for historical and cultural interests. It involves the public in its mission through outreach programming, neighborhood events, and educational programming, thereby increasing and sustaining the public's appreciation of an important American urban neighborhood from the 17th century to the present time.
About the West End Museum:
We are a Boston neighborhood museum looking for people who are interested in the history and culture of the City of Boston, its immigrant era, and urban renewal. The Museum is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston.
You can expect to find a casual workplace of friendly volunteers who are welcoming and eager to engage with the public. A previous knowledge of the neighborhood is not required, but an appreciation of its historical significance is helpful.
The Museum is conveniently located close to the MBTA Science Park/West End Station and North Station. Bowdoin Station is about a 10-minute walk.
Visit www.thewestendmuseum.org for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
150 Staniford Street - Suite 7Boston, MA 02114
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18