74 people are interested
74 people are interested
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
As an Administrative Assistant Volunteer, you will perform various administrative tasks, including answering emails, scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements, cloud file organization, and more. For this role, a strong Internet connection is required, along with experience using communication tools like MS Teams.
- Respond to emails and phone calls
- Schedule meetings
- Book travel and accommodations
- Manage a contact list
- Prepare spreadsheets and keep online records
- Organize managers’ calendars
- Perform market research
- Create presentations, as assigned
- Address volunteer’s administrative queries
- Other responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the organization
- Proven experience with a minimum of three (3) years as a Administrative Assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services and VoIP
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office)
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Outlook Calendar)
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
Associates's degree in Business, Business Administration, English, Marketing, Advertising or similar field.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Reading / Writing
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5+ hours per week