67 people are interested
Writer + Blogger
ORGANIZATION: The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
Please visit the new page to apply.
67 people are interested
Grow with SJEI by providing much needed support while developing and honing your professional skills. By joining our select group of diverse, skilled, and committed team members you will help us continue to lay the foundation of SJEI and work to champion social and environmental justice, through our mission by bridging resources with innovation to engineer solutions that target the meaningful involvement of people for the common good.
WRITER + BLOGGER
The Writer + Blogger will expertly research, write, and publish compelling content with a focus on SJEI’s social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium and our website's press release page. The Content Creator will also support print and audio content efforts.
· Develop content in written formats that inspires and encourages desired actions by key audiences.
· Create and manage the development of content that supports the organization’s mission and strategy through compelling storytelling.
· Ensure content is approved by SJEI leaders prior to publishing.
· Manage and effectively deploy content across a variety of marketing and communication channels to meet organizational objectives and to engage target audiences.
· Provide ongoing management and execution of content across channels - i.e., websites, consumer CRM, email marketing, printed materials, media and video channels, and social media platforms.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
Bachelor’s degree in english, marketing, advertising or similar field.
Experience developing digital and print content. Experience with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram, as well as blogging.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
More opportunities with The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative2 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
3104 E Camelback Rd, 409, Phoenix, AZ 85016, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 6, 2022
- Graphic Design / Print
- Reading / Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- 5+ hours per week
- Social Media, Blogging, Writing, Technical Writing, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat