7 people are interested
Rize Beyond is an organization that assist low-come young adults with obtaining their GED and setting pre and post GED goals. Most participants lack support and have barriers to overcome. Tutors are encouraged to assist participants with understanding the material covered better and with questions they may have regarding the four GED subject areas.
Tutor responsibilities consist of the following:
- Assist participants with the four subject areas of the GED
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Commit to at least one evening per week
- May tutor in an individual and/or group setting
- Depending on the participant’s learning style, may offer virtual tutoring
- Has earned at least a high school diploma or GED
- Proficient in the four subject areas
- Must be 18 years or older
- Respect and empathy for participants
- A positive attitude and good listening skills
- Patience, understanding, and a sense of humor
- A commitment being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
Background check is required. This is a volunteer opportunity.
Please apply at rizebeyond.org.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
About Rize Beyond
PO Box 94, Lilburn, GA 30048, US
To empower, encourage, and teach individuals the strategies to overcome barriers and succeed.
Rize Beyond is a new nonprofit organization that support individuals who live in poverty and want to pursue their educational goals. The individuals are those that have dropped out of high school and do not know how to navigate back to an educational setting or lacks support to be able to achieve success.
We'll work with your schedule.
455 Camp Perrin Rd NELawrenceville, GA 30043
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 5-10 hours a week