Rize Beyond is an organization that assist low-income young adults with obtaining their GED and setting pre and post GED goals. Most participants lack support and have barriers to overcome. Mentors will coach and encourage the participant, along with other volunteers, to help them become a better version of themselves so they can achieve most of the goals they set, including their GED.
Mentor responsibilities consist of the following:
- Meet with their mentees at least once a week face-to-face or virtual, but have at minimum one face-to-face meeting a month. Meetings are an hour.
- Mentors and mentees to set schedule that works for both
- Be able to work with their mentees at least 6 months to a year
- Maintain confidentiality where appropriate
- Encourage mentees to pursue their educational and professional goals
- Provide resources to their mentees as appropriate
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Has earned at least a HS Diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years or older, mature and professional
- The ability and desire to work with young adults (18-26)
- A positive attitude and good listening skills
- Patience, understanding, and a sense of humor
- The ability to be transparent and open in conversation
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- The willingness to share knowledge and personal experiences
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage one's own time
- A commitment being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- A commitment to participating in the program for at least 6 months
- The ability to coach and inspire others to complete goals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of others
- Must be able to attend the online mentoring training
Background check is required. This is a volunteer opportunity.
Please apply at rizebeyond.org.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
About Rize Beyond
PO Box 94, Lilburn, GA 30048, US
To empower, encourage, and teach individuals the strategies to overcome barriers and succeed.
Rize Beyond is a new nonprofit organization that support individuals who want to pursue their educational goals. The individuals are those that have dropped out of high school and do not know how to navigate back to an educational setting or lack support to be able to achieve success.