Simi Valley Volunteers Wanted
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Assisted Home Health and Hospice is always looking for committed and caring people to add to our team of volunteers. If you have an interest in patient care; if you have special talents (art, music, reiki, multi-lingual) that you would like to share; or interested in administrative/clerical volunteering, consider becoming a part of the Assisted Angels.
Assisted Angels are a dedicated volunteer team who strive to provide extra love and comfort to terminally ill patients and their families through unique and special opportunities. Our Assisted Angels are engage with patients by providing, but not limited to:
* Supportive Listening and Conversation
* Music Therapy
* Massage Therapy
* Applying Holistic Therapies Reading or Other Activities of Interest
* Support with Life Review (reminiscing, sharing stories, pictures, etc.)
* Assistance with Documenting One’s Life Story
* Support with Audio or Video Taping of Treasured Messages for One’s Family
* Letter Writing
* Assisting the Patient with Projects, Errands
* Caregiver Respite
* Administrative Duties
Volunteer Training (Scheduled for June 25th, 2019 from 1pm-5pm in Thousand Oaks, CA)
All volunteers receive an initial orientation. Topics include:
* The History and Philosophy of Hospice
* The Process of Death and Dying
* An Overview of the Roles and Responsibilities of Each Member of the Hospice Team
* Methods of Offering Compassionate Care to the Terminally Ill Patient and Their Loved Ones
About Assisted Home Health & Hospice
72 Moody Court, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, US
"Hands to Help, Hearts to Care."
At Assisted Home Hospice, our goal is to respond to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers play a key role within the hospice team.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call us at (805) 379-3656.
Visit our website at www.AssistedCares.com
We'll work with your schedule.
72 Moody Ct.Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Elder care
- Massage Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training