Fundraising Team Members
Our volunteers helped communities across Wisconsin pass 100% clean energy resolutions, including Madison and Eau Claire and others, to move beyond coal to clean energy. We helped protect clean air and water, our state parks, and public transportation across the state and in our budgets and we currently have campaigns in many different issue areas all across Wisconsin.
This volunteer will work with the fundraising team and staff to develop and support a vibrant Chapter fundraising program. Much of our Chapter income already derives from ongoing successful fundraising activities. The fundraising team works to strengthen the Chapter by communicating our vision for the future and enlisting support from members and the public to make that vision a reality!
Members of the Fundraising Team:
- Work with staff and the Fundraising Chair to develop and implement and annual fundraising plan, which includes: Direct Mail and email appeals, fundraising events, donor relationship building and other donation programs.
- Support chapter grant writing efforts
- Seek new fundraising opportunities
Tasks performed by Team members may include:
- Assisting with writing and editing direct mail and email appeals, grant proposals and marketing materials.
- Managing donor data and conducting donor and foundation research to identify opportunities and to ensure our message is on target with donor interests.
- Assisting with mailings and recruiting other volunteers for mailings
- Calling and emailing potential donors for event sponsorships or to set up one-on-one donor visits
- Developing donor relationships
- Thanking donors and keeping them apprised of our conservation work
Desired skills and experience (not all are required):
- Commitment to planning and executing plans; willing to engage in both strategic planning and the tasks required to successfully meet our fundraising goals.
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with the donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to develop relationships with potential donors and communicate Sierra Club positions both in person or on the phone.
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising is an asset but not required
We highly encourage all interested parties with diverse backgrounds to apply!
About Sierra Club
754 Williamson St., Apt 209, Madison, WI 53703, US
Founded in 1892 by John Muir, the mission of the Sierra Club is to explore, enjoy and protect the earth's wild places.
The John Muir Chapter (JMC) is the Wisconsin state branch of the Sierra Club. We are primarily a volunteer organization at this level, dedicated to environmental education and conservation advocacy.
We have an active conservation agenda within our Chapter that concentrate on a range of environmental concerns like investing in clean energy and clean transportation and decreasing climate change threats, restoring and protecting our water and forest resources, and more.
We are also active in elections, since one of our best hopes for long term gains is building a strong legislative base to protect our environment.
We also offer outings and other events throughout Wisconsin such as hikes, biking events, camping trips, canoeing and more.