Seeking Host Families for Spanish Exchange students this September!
: Greenheart Exchange, a nonprofit exchange organization, is seeking volunteer host families for high school exchange students from Spain for 3 weeks from 4 September 2019 to 25 September 2019.
What is expected of me and my family?
- Provide 3 meals a day and a secure and inviting home
- Treat the student like a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities and privileges
- Optional participation in group activities
Who can host a student?
Greenheart Exchange host families represent the diversity of American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include working parents, couples with and without children, single parents, adoptive parents, and empty-nesters. All host families complete an online application and each family member aged 18+ must clear a background check.
What will the students do?
- Arrive with a group of students, accompanied by a bilingual adult chaperone.
- 6 or more days of school visits in which a Spanish student "shadows" a host sibling or assigned school buddy
- Participate in ESL classes OR Shadow High School Classes
- Go on Full and Half Day excursions during the week
- Spend evenings and weekends with their host family
- Share meals, traditions, and daily conversations with you
- Come with his/her own medical insurance and spending money.
How do I host?
If you are interested, please start by completing our group online host family application, here: https://www.tfaforms.com/236744
Choose Michael Smith as the Local Coordinator.
For more information, contact him at:
Your homeMoorseville, NC 28031
- Background Check