Mary Bridge Children's Hospital Seeking Emergency Department Waiting Room Volunteers
9 people are interested
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital is seeking volunteers who want to join our mission in partnering to provide healing and a healthy future! The Emergency Department is looking for volunteers who want to engage with patients and families by doing crafts, playing games, or reading stories. Be a part of our team and help to minimize the stress and anxiety that can come with hospital stays.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Visiting with patients and siblings in the waiting room and offering to engage with them in an activity or game.
- Cleaning tables, chairs, and game stations in waiting room.
- Restocking coloring sheets, crayons, books, and craft kits.
- Taking a Care Cart around to parents offering drinks and activities.
- Coordinating crafts or games.
- Restock supplies and assist Triage Nurse with setup needs.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 100 hour of service.
- Must commit to a regular, one-day per week schedule for a 4-hour shift.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
Sunday - Saturday
Afternoon 1pm - 5pm
Evening 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Late evening 8:00 pm - 12:00 am
We'll work with your schedule.
315 Martin Luther King, Jr. WayTacoma, WA 98405
- Child Care
- Children Medical Services
- Child Development
- Patient Care
- 1 day per week for a 4-hour shift. Minimum 100 hour commitment.