Volunteer Docent at Monrovia Historical Museum
5 people are interested
Do you want to be more involved in your community? Have an itch to teach history to interested groups? Our docents:
- Give tours of our exhibits and explain Monrovia's history.
- Answer questions of visitors and refers them to Museum researchers as needed.
- Present the Monrovia Historical Museum's historic items and vintage photos that illustrate Monrovia’s founding (1887) and its place in the wider San Gabriel Valley (from 1887 to present day) and Monrovia’s diverse communities which have been present since 1887.
- Gives tours of the Museum’s exhibits to children and adults in groups from 1 or 2 people to school-class size. Tours last from 30 to 60 minutes, depending on visitor interest.
- Describes exhibits, tells stories illustrated by exhibits, brings Monrovia’s history to life.
- Answers questions and able to refer questions to Museum researchers.
- Stays current on additions to Museum’s docent narrative
- Is on time to shift.
- Available to work when Museum is open THURSDAYS AND SUNDAYS 1 to 4 p.m.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Mon Jul 15, 2019 - Tue Jun 30, 2020
01:00 PM - 04:00 PM
742 East Lemon AvenueMonroviaMonrovia, CA 91016
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment:--One to two shifts per month on Thursdays or Sundays 1 to 4 p.m., the hours the Museum is open.
- Qualifications: • Good people skills with children and adults; sensitive to diverse populations • Has a curiosity about Monrovia history; willingness to learn docent narrative. • Comfortable giving tours to small groups • Can be professional face