Mary Bridge Children's Hospital Seeking Playroom Volunteers!
25 people are interested
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital is seeking volunteers who love kids and want to join our mission in partnering to provide healing and a healthy future! The Short Stay Unit is looking for volunteers who want to engage with patients prior to surgery and provide age appropriate play in the playroom or at bedside.
Volunteer Tasks include:
- Provide age appropriate play in playroom and bedside as needed.
- Group play as appropriate.
- Create activities and kits.
- Organize playroom and keep stocked with wipable toys.
- Clean playroom daily, or as needed.
- Restock give-away toy bin.
- Assist RN's with next day setups.
Must be able to commit to a minimum of 100 hour of service.
Must commit to a regular, one-day per week schedule for a 4-hour shift.
Must be at least 16 years old.
Volunteer shifts available:
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
We'll work with your schedule.
311 S L StreetTacoma, WA 98405
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Children Medical Services
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day per week for a 4-hour shift. 100 hours service required.