Virtual - Volunteer From Home: Disaster Dispatcher
Receive calls from local fire departments/emergency management and dispatch Red Cross disaster responders to the scene.
- Receive calls from Fire Departments, Fire/Police Dispatch or Emergency Management.
- Make phone calls to activate disaster responders, per guidelines.
- Send notification text messages.
- Create cases in Client Assistance System and activate Client Assistance Cards.
- Notify Public Affairs, Health, and Mental Health Services when needed.
- Document incident information.
- Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month
- Reliable access to phone, computer, and internet when on-call
****To get started, visit: www.redcross.org/volunteer & submit your volunteer application.
Questions? Contact Sarah at email@example.com
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations La Crosse, WI 54601
October 4, 2021
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 on-call shifts per month.
- Must submit a volunteer application on www.redcross.org/volunteer