2 people are interested
Haitian Women Director
2 people are interested
Role brief: This Volunteer role requires, a women director preferably Haitian, who can direct a theatre play, select the artistic and dramatic aspects and visualizes the screenplay (or script) while guiding the technical crew and actors, as the video recording will be done.
The candidate should also possess the skill to choose the cast members, production design, and the creative aspects of the production. Must be a team player and willing to collaborate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and budgeting
- Working with writers through workshops or script development schemes, adapting a script and, if the play is newly written, working with the writer.
- Breaking down a script, analyzing and exploring the content and conducting relevant research
- Translating and interpreting a script.
- Holding auditions for productions, selecting and hiring designers, musicians, etc.
- managing time and organizing people and space
- Organizing rehearsals
- Communicating and liaising with all parties involved, including actors, the creative team, the production team and producers
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates who are enrolled and yet to complete degree , in a subject such as drama, theatre studies, performing arts, music or English.
- Ability to speak and understand Creole and/or French.
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 15 hrs per week.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently.
- Creativity and the ability to express yourself both orally and in writing.
- Persuasiveness and a willingness to take artistic risks.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate and inspire others.
When onboarding at Haiti Now your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign unless your employer has a matching program for volunteering hours. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 13, 2021
- Theater Arts
- Hatian / Creole
- Stage Management