Haitian Women Actress
Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
Role brief: This Volunteer role requires, Haitian women whose age is between 18 -22 ability to understand the scenario of harsh reality that girls/women in the domestic servitude of Haiti are facing and should be able to portray the same as indicated by the Director. The Candidate Should be able to bring life to the character they play in the theater.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn about characters in scripts and their relationships to each other in order to develop role interpretations.
- Perform humorous and serious interpretations of emotions, actions, and situations, using body movements, facial expressions, and gestures.
- Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn and memorize lines as directed.
- Work with other crew members responsible for lighting, costumes, camera, makeup, and props.
- Should have the confidence, energy and dedication to act.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degrees in fine arts, film, television, performing arts and other related fields, but experience as an actress is preferred, whether from drama, local theatre groups, school drama club, acting courses or other types of acting experience.
- Ability to speak and understand Creole and/or French.
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 15 hrs per week.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently.
- Should be an active listener, creative, persistent along with Good stage, screen or vocal presence.
- The ability to enter into another character and engage with an audience.
When onboarding at Haiti Now your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign unless your employer has a matching program for volunteering hours. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives. After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.