Friendly Patient Visitor for Patients In Benton/Ocoee TN Area
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Seeking compassionate volunteer to visit with patients to provide them with companionship and socialization and for brief respite for the patient's primary caregiver. During your visit you can chat with a patient, read to them, hold a hand, play comforting music, play a card game, share photos of family and friends, or sit quietly and knit, crotchet or read yourself. Our hospice volunteers provide much-needed emotional and spiritual support during a sacred time in a person's life. We also have patients in facilities that would greatly enjoy visits from volunteers.
Hospice of Chattanooga provides enriching volunteer training and is flexible with your schedule and what you are able to do. Volunteer hours are available for mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. Please contact Kim at Kimberly_Hackney@hospiceofchattanooga.org or 423-326-8979 for more information.
About Hospice of Chattanooga
4411 Oakwood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37416, US
"We at Hospice of Chattanooga take the time to listen, honor your choices, and walk with you through life's journey."
What is Hospice?
- Hospice care is about people caring for people with terminal illnesses in a loving, sensitive and personal way that allows patients to spend the final days of their lives with dignity, in their own homes, surrounded by family and friends.
- One fear of the seriously ill is uncontrollable pain. With hospice, medication is available for any patient who has a problem with pain. The goal is to achieve constant control over it, without impairing alertness.
- It recognizes the need of each person to maintain control over his or her own life, as patients and families are included in all decisions related to the care provided.
- Support is provided in the patient's home so the family can remain together in their own familiar environment.
- With the support and symptom management of the hospice team, the patient is usually able to remain at home thoughout the entire illness.
We'll work with your schedule.
2145 Keith StreetCleveland, TN 37311
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Volunteer Orientation Training, Patient Support Training