Catholic Charities Winter Prep
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Catholic Charities has many ministries spread throughout the city of Wichita, including a food pantry, a family homeless shelter, and a shelter for survivors of domestic violence. Help our Facilities Coordinator maintain the grounds of these properties. Tools and training, if necessary, are provided. Times are flexible. Basic duties include:
- Rake and bag leaves
- Trim and remove dead tree limbs
- Winterize doors and windows
- Organize shelter backrooms and winter clothing
- Other maintenance tasks as needed
When: Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
Where: Anywhere on Catholic Charities property
About Catholic Charities Volunteer Coordinator
437 N Topeka, Wichita, KS 67202, US
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita alleviates poverty and builds stable and strong families throughout 25 counties in south central and southeast Kansas. We hold to the truth that poverty is not a given. In fact, we believe overcoming poverty is not just a task of charity, but an act of justice. That’s why we not only seek to "get our hands dirty" as Pope Francis directs us, by serving the hungry, homeless, victims of violence and those in family crises in our many programs and projects, but we advocate for our clients and work to fix and repair the systems that fail people in poverty - and ultimately fail us all. We aspire to be great in facing these challenges, and we invite people of all faiths to join us. We do this work because stable and strong families that can break through the barriers of poverty, and can improve upon the good and the dignity inherent to every family member, ultimately mean hopeful communities for our entire human family.
- Our Daily Bread Food Pantry
- Housing Services
- Harbor House Domestic Violence Shelter
- Immigration services
- Adult Day Services for disabled adults and seniors
- Foster Grandparent program
- St. Anthony's Family Shelter - Homeless Services
We'll work with your schedule.
437 N. Topeka St.WichitaWichita, KS 67202
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible with your schedule; we just ask that you work long enough to finish projects or reach a good stopping point.
- Volunteers should be prepared to do a range of physical tasks from shoveling snow to climbing ladders as needed.