30 people are interested
RAH Community Engagement Board
30 people are interested
Rise Against Hunger is looking for passionate individuals to join our Community Engagement Board! Positions open include Fundraising Committee, Vice President and Secretary.
Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources.
The Community Engagement Board Member will work closely with Rise Against Hunger staff to identify and execute strategies that will grow the program and increase the impact on ending world hunger. Duties will include participating in speaking engagements, increasing local partnerships, meal packing events, and developing fundraising events.
- Must commit to one year as a Board Member. (Term Jan 1st - Dec 31st)
- Must join a minimum one of the four committees(Fundraising, Growth, In Kind, Team Building)
- Join and attend monthly committee meetings in person or virtually.
- Attend monthly meetings in person or virtually. (Must attend 10 out of 12 meetings)
- Participate in a minimum of four speaking engagements.
- Participate in two fundraising events.
- Attend the board member orientation and training.
About Rise Against Hunger
1000 Williams Dr, Suite 1022, Marietta, GA 30067, US
Rise Against Hunger is driven by the vision of a world without hunger. Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources.
In 1998, envisioning a world without hunger, Ray Buchanan - a United Methodist minister - founded Stop Hunger Now. In 2017, Stop Hunger Now rebranded to become Rise Against Hunger. After enlisting as a U.S. Marine during the Vietnam War, Ray Buchanan quickly recognized that accomplishing a mission required "commitment to something larger than yourself."
Driving Rise Against Hunger’s work is the recognition that ending hunger is more than just feeding people, which led Rise Against Hunger to focus its feeding programs in areas where we can have a real impact and expand its hunger-fighting programs beyond meal packaging and distribution.
1000 Williams Drsuite 1022Marietta, GA 30066
September 8, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year as a Board Member. (Term Jan 1st – Dec 31st) Must join a minimum one of the four committees(Fundraising, Growth, In Kind, Team Building) Attend monthly committee and team meetings .
- · Strong customer service and communication skills.