Match Coordinators for Youth Aging Out of Foster Care
2 people are interested
Match Coordinators monitor the mentoring relationship between a volunteer mentor and a North Texas youth (age 14-24) with foster care experience. The Match Coordinator supervises up to four mentor/youth matches and facilitates communication between the match, the small group, and the WAY Alliance program.
Except for the initial meeting with the mentor and youth, Match Coordinators can work remotely as long as there is phone and/or internet access since monthly check-ins can be done over the phone or by video chat.
A Match Coordinator:
- is genuinely interested in the concerns of youth who have experienced foster care
- is sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural, or racial backgrounds
- has the ability to communicate with others openly and non-judgmentally
- possesses strong listening skills F has strong communication and organizational skills
The time commitment is approximately 2 hours per month for each match the Match Coordinator is monitoring.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 95Aubrey, TX 76227
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Match Coordinators are asked to serve a minimum of 12 months, or through the close of the matches they are supervising.
- Potential volunteers must first attend a volunteer information meeting before applying. Upcoming meeting dates can be found at https://wayalliance.org/info