Resource Coordinators for Youth Aging Out of Foster Care
With the assistance of the WAY Alliance Resource Director, a Resource Coordinator works one-on-one with a North Texas youth with foster care experience to help them access the local resources they need (such as housing, education, jobs, and ID documentation).
A Resource Coordinator:
- is genuinely interested in the concerns of youth who have experienced foster care.
- is sensitive to people of different educational, economic, cultural, or racial backgrounds.
- the ability to communicate with youth openly and non-judgmentally.
- possesses strong listening skills.
- can empathize with another person’s struggles.
- has the ability to see solutions and opportunities as well as barriers.
- possesses strong problem-solving skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 95Aubrey, TX 76227
- Youth Services
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Resource Coordinators need to be available during normal business hours at least a few days a week. The time commitment varies depending on the needs of the youth.
- Potential volunteers must first attend a volunteer information meeting before applying. Upcoming meeting dates can be found at https://wayalliance.org/info