Host a French or Spanish exchange student 4+ weeks this summer
Greenheart Exchange, a nonprofit exchange organization, is seeking volunteer host families for high school exchange students from France and Spain for 2 - 5 weeks this June - August. These students will be volunteering at the Hope Center for Kids and Open Door Mission.
What is expected of me and my family?
- Provide 3 meals a day and a secure and inviting home
- Treat the student like a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities and privileges
- Some assistance in transporting student to/from volunteer site.
Who can host a student?
Greenheart Exchange host families represent the diversity of American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include working parents, couples with and without children, single parents, adoptive parents, and empty-nesters. All host families complete an online application and each family member aged 18+ must clear a background check.
What will the students do?
- Volunteer 5+ hours per week
- Share meals, traditions, and daily conversations with you
- Come with his/her own medical insurance and spending money.
How do I host?
If you are interested, please start by completing a host inquiry:
For more information, contact Tara at:
Your homeOmaha, NE 68110
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25