Unique, One-of-a-kind Event
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Madison is hosting the 2nd Annual Dragon & Lion Dance Federation Championships at Monona Terrace, June 29th-30th. The event will feature traditional dragon and lion dance, competition on jongs (raised platforms) and drumming. Watch a pageantry of artistic dance, gorgeous costumes, military drumming, and sheer athleticism...all while getting your service hours! Volunteers will receive a t-shirt, food and drink, and community service hours.
Volunteers are needed for the following positions:
- Greeters: Greet the audience and competitors, answer questions on the event and area, hand out flyers. Greeters will also be needed to guide VIPs and competitors to reserved seats at the opening ceremony and Sunday banquet.
- Reception/Registration: Assist in registration and selling merchandise.
- Runners: Requires some lifting. Will assist judges and teams with setup, carrying equipment, and re-configuring competition layout.
Shifts available: Saturday and Sunday, 7am-11am, 11am-3pm and 3pm-7pm.
Volunteers under 18 will need a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Questions? Comments? Please feel free to contact Elaine.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1 John Nolen DrMadison, WI 53704
- People 55+
- At least one 4 hour shift during the weekend. Volunteers may sign up for as many shifts as they want.
- 12 and older preferred.