DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Patient Advocate Consultant (Mentor/Advisor)
ORGANIZATION: Human Health Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Human Health Project (HHP)’s has a three- pronged foundation: Holistic Peer-to-Peer Information, Education and Support. Our objective is to empower people to manage their own health. For more information, please visit our website.
As an organization, we strive to achieve our mission by:
- Making the patient our highest priority
- Promoting peer-to peer information, education and support
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Improving the level of service provided by HHP
- Ensuring all health care services are relevant to the needs of the HHP community
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
HHP is seeking a volunteer Patient Advocate Consultant to serve as a mentor/advisor to a team of patient advocates. The Patient Advocate Consultant would be contacted on an as needed basis when the patient advocates have questions/concerns. The Patient Advocate Consultant should have advanced experience as a patient advocate and be able to respond to ad hoc requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an advisor to the patient advocates and navigators in their mission to make patients successful. Lead by asking the right questions and seeking to understand. Approach work from a place of trust and act as a champion for positive intent.
- Understand, groom, develop and coach behaviors that drive the HHP patient advocate program and individual growth. Own employee engagement and its connection with patient experience
- Work effectively in collaboration and individually. Partner with advocates and internal teams to build and refine best practices, and drive process excellence.
- Deliver best in class experience to HHP’s patients, advocates and partners
- Help patient advocates support patient needs
- Refer patients to HHP resources as needed
- Be open to learning about how to work with marginalized communities
- Learn basics on insurance policies and procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Attend trainings
- Commit to a regular schedule
- Be knowledgeable of and abide by the HHP Confidentiality Policies and Procedures
- Attend check-ins with HHP volunteer coordinator
- Volunteers for this position should have excellent customer service, computer and communication skills
- Volunteers must pass a criminal background check, complete a volunteer application packet and attend a new volunteer orientation session
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- Must be over the age of 18
- 3-4 years of experience as a patient advocate
- 1-2 years in a leadership/management role
- 3-4 years of experience in frontline customer service roles
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Proficient experience utilizing G Suite with emphasis on Google Docs and Sheets
- Exemplary communication skills, both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function and make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Spanish is desired but not essential
About Human Health Project
2271 Vandalia Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90032, US
Our Mission: To drive patient-centered health outcomes by harnessing data collected by a global online community who share their treatment outcomes, enhanced by clinical evidence-based best practices
Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 2, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Critical Thinking
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- A minimum of five hours weekly for six months to a year
- Please fill out the Application form to complete the HHP application process. You can copy & paste the link into your web browser. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnvpQA9F_Tjbkfot-9qs5ZlQWHtx-Dp0E9e0aFn0MinthjBA/viewform?usp=sf_link