Clerical Volunteer - Elkton
3 people are interested
Help Disabled People
Volunteer with the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
DORS vision is that the State of Maryland is the best place in our nation for persons with disabilities to live, work and raise a family and individuals with disabilities are welcome, fully included and actively participate in all Maryland communities. The mission of DORS is to provide leadership and support in promoting the employment, economic self-sufficiency and independence of individuals with disabilities.
Help the team in the field with clerical duties including, but not limited to:
- Telephone support
- Greeting guests
- Electronic and paper filing
- Scanning, shredding and copying
- Attaching files in a database
- Database management and quality assurance
- Using Word, Excel, Email and the internet to process work
Desired skills needed:
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Organization and multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Able to show patience and empathy
- Computer experience with Word, Excel, email and the internet
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 4 hour shifts desired but we are flexible and will work with your schedule
The DORS office is looking for volunteers to contribute during the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Interested? Please complete the application on the Division of Rehabilitation Services Volunteer Page at
Or you may contact us at email@example.com or 410.554.9288.
Thank you for considering a volunteer opportunity with DORS!
About Division of Rehabilitation Services
2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218, US
DORS Vision & Mission Our shared vision is that the State of Maryland is the best place in our nation for persons with disabilities to live, work and raise a family. Individuals with disabilities are welcome, fully included and actively participate in all Maryland communities. The mission of DORS is to provide leadership and support in promoting the employment, economic self-sufficiency and independence of individuals with disabilities.
DORS is an agency of the Maryland State Department of Education. DORS is composed of the public vocational rehabilitation (VR) program and the Disability Determination Services. The public VR program includes:
- The Office of Field Services, which prepares people with disabilities to go to work or helps them to stay on the job. Rehabilitation counselors in offices throughout Maryland provide or arrange for services that may include career counseling, assistive technology, vocational training and/or job placement assistance.
- The Office for Blindness & Vision Services (OBVS), which specializes in helping people whose primary disability is blindness or vision loss go to work and stay independent. The office also oversees the Maryland Business Enterprise Program for the Blind. This program prepares individuals who are legally blind to operate vending, gift or food service businesses in public facilities.
- The Workforce & Technology Center (WTC), a comprehensive rehabilitation facility in northeast Baltimore which offers career assessment services, career and skills training, job placement assistance, assistive technology services and other medical and support services.
We'll work with your schedule.
103 Chesapeake BoulevardSuite BElkton, MD 21921
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- 4-6 hours a day, monday through friday, flexible schedules