Board of Directors - Finance/CPA Board Member
3 people are interested
Board of Directors - Finance/CPA Board Member
Do you have a deep passion for volunteer Board service where you can make a difference by improving the lives of others? Are you searching for philanthropic ways to give back within the community? If so, the Las Trampas Board of Directors wants to get to know you!
The Las Trampas Board of Directors is composed of caring and talented leaders who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our goal is to diversify our dynamic team with new voices and varied perspectives to enhance and expand our capacity as we guide Las Trampas’ strategic direction.
Who We Are - A Non Profit Supporting Adults with Developmental Disabilities
For over 60 years, Las Trampas has been a provider of choice delivering much needed services and programs to adults with developmental disabilities, including Autism, IDD, Down Syndrome and Aspersers Syndrome). Founded in 1958 as a non-profit residential school by parents, family, and community members, our philosophy has always been that persons with developmental disabilities are entitled to develop their optimum state of social, physical, and mental well-being, and share an integrated lifestyle similar to what non-disabled persons are fortunate to enjoy. Currently, Las Trampas provides day program educational and vocational services, residential services, supported and independent living services throughout Contra Costa County.
Finance/CPA Board Members Needed
The Las Trampas Board is actively searching for a dynamic individual with Accounting & Finance expertise capable of leading our Finance Committee. This Finance Committee sets the financial strategy and demonstrates thought leadership and passion for nonprofit financial management.
We seek a leader to act as a finance advocate and assist the Board with understanding economic trends and the impact on Las Trampas’ investment portfolio and provide strategic insight and recommendations to guide the work of the Board and Finance Committee.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at Accounting, Budgeting, Business Development, Fundraising and Financial Planning.
Desired Finance Qualifications:
- Experience with non-profit financial management, including developing budgets, restricted and unrestricted grant reporting, financial modeling, risk management, filing Form 990s, and overseeing audits
- Willingness to bring a financial lens to strategic planning and decision making
- Experience overseeing investment portfolios and asset management
- Help develop and implement financial policies and guidelines to ensure Las Trampas’ assets are protected, utilized effectively, insure that internal controls are appropriate and investment returns optimized in compliance with the Investment Guidelines.
- Create and present monthly financial reports with metrics and analytics for Leadership Team and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manage and track cash flow in order to maintain positive cash position, monitor various accounts and project cash needs; adhere to the Las Trampas’ Operating Reserve Guidelines.
Interested candidates should possess strong leadership, business acumen, and communication skills. Desired backgrounds include prior financial and accounting experience in the nonprofit or for-profit sector.
Board Member Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend a minimum of eight (8) board meetings per year arriving prepared to ask questions and actively participate in discussions.
- Serve on one or more committees and to actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing financial resources by leveraging personal and professional relationships to identify and solicit potential funders, while also investing in Las Trampas by making a personal annual contribution.
- Responsibly represent Las Trampas to their respective communities and advocate for Las Trampas’ mission, programs, and services as necessary and appropriate.
- Assist the organization to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serve a two-year board member term. (Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms)
We’ve already made a significant impact in the lives of adults with developmental disabilities but have the potential to do so much more. If you’re interested in volunteering time and exploring opportunities with our Board of Directors, we’d love to speak with you. Las Trampas, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Lafayette
We'll work with your schedule.
3460 Lana LaneLafayette, CA 94549
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- ETC / Tax Assistance