Doggy Day Out Coordinator
18 people are interested
Doggy Day Out is a field trip program in which our currently registered volunteers can "check-out" a dog for a few hours in the morning and go on a field trip to their house, to the park, on a hike, etc.
We will now be expanding the program by opening it to the public three days out of the week. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, anybody can sign-up to take a dog on a field trip.
In order to open this program to the public, we need the help of one to three volunteer Doggy Day Out Coordinators.
9:00am - 9:30am
- Check-in participants
- Explain field trip guidelines
- Match-make dogs and participants
- Help to harness and leash dogs and hand off to participants
9:30am - 11:30am (optional)
- Take a dog on a field trip
11:30am - 12:00pm (optional)
- Check participants back in
- Help return dogs to their kennels
- Must be 16-years-old or older.
- Able to handle and harness dogs of various sizes and temperaments.
- Has worked with and been directly responsible for care of dogs.
- Comfortable interviewing people about their animal experience.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Organized and detail oriented.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
3281 E Bayshore RdPalo Alto, CA 94303
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes/week minimum.