Doggy Day Out Coordinator
36 people are interested
Doggy Day Out is a field trip program in which our currently registered volunteers can "check-out" a dog for a few hours in the morning and go on a field trip to their house, to the park, on a hike, etc.
We will now be expanding the program by opening it to the public three days out of the week. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, anybody can sign-up to take a dog on a field trip.
In order to open this program to the public, we need the help of one to three volunteer Doggy Day Out Coordinators.
9:00am - 9:30am
- Check-in participants
- Explain field trip guidelines
- Match-make dogs and participants
- Help to harness and leash dogs and hand off to participants
9:30am - 12:00pm (optional)
- Take a dog on a field trip
- Must be 16-years-old or older.
- Able to handle and harness dogs of various sizes and temperaments.
- Has worked with and been directly responsible for care of dogs.
- Comfortable interviewing people about their animal experience.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Organized and detail oriented.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Pets In Need Palo Alto
3281 E Bayshore Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303, US
The mission of Pets In Need is to advance the no-kill movement, reduce pet homelessness, and find every dog and cat a loving home.
We accomplish our mission by rescuing cats and dogs from public shelters in the Bay Area and beyond when they are in danger of being euthanized due to space or financial limitations.
Pets In Need has shelters in Redwood City and Palo Alto. We have owned and operated our Redwood City shelter since 1993, and in 2019 we began operating the Palo Alto Animal Shelter in partnership with the City of Palo Alto.
We'll work with your schedule.
3281 E Bayshore RdPalo Alto, CA 94303
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes/week minimum.