Translation Volunteer (Spanish to English)
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Catholic Charities Atlanta provides low-cost and quality legal immigration services. A multi-lingual staff provides comprehensive immigration legal services to help eligible individuals and families obtain their permanent legal status, assist clients with the naturalization process, and provide legal representation during deportation proceedings. We specialize in assisting survivors of domestic violence, abandoned or neglected foreign children, detained clients, and victims of trafficking and crimes.
- Translate a variety of documents, including: immigration applications, personal statements, and birth certificates. Translation will almost always be from Spanish to English, but will occasionally be from English to Spanish.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Accurate translation.
- May assist clients with filling out paperwork and various forms.
- Opportunities for interpretation may be available.
- Complete fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to translate from Spanish to English at a professional level
- Highly organized.
- An appreciation for different cultures and willingness to work with people of different cultures.
- Ability to produce high-quality translations and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Be prepared to read information that is of a sensitive nature, including descriptions of violence.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Translation volunteer will be supervised by the business manager and the senior program director of Immigration Legal Services.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
HOURS: Approximately 5+, hours per week during office hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM; Flexible.
Catholic Charities Atlanta
Northlake Office Park
2305 Parklake Drive
Suite 150, Building 9
Atlanta, GA 30345
Volunteer Benefits: This position provides valuable experience for those wishing to formalize their language abilities; individuals seeking experience with non-profit work, and/or working with refugee and immigration services; and anyone with an interest in other cultures.
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
We'll work with your schedule.
2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 150, Building 9Atlanta, GA 30345
- Immigration Law
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 5+, hours/ week during office hours
- Fluency in Spanish and English; translator