Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Office Volunteer
5 people are interested
Learn about the planning and implementation of Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Tampa Bay programs including awareness, education, structure and implementation of its initiatives for Special Olympics Florida athletes.
1. Develop a thorough understanding of Special Olympics Florida and its programs.
2. Learn about Healthy Community Programs:
- Attend selected Special Olympics Florida events throughout Tampa Bay and perform duties as needed.
- Learn the purpose of all Healthy Athletes screenings, Healthy Community classes and care coordination process.
- Assist with the implementation of screenings and support the needs of classes including Health and Wellness, Garden Club, Health Messages, etc.
- Learn about the success of planning and implementing healthy community programs.
- Develop an understanding of issues of health and wellness for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Work with Special Olympics Florida staff to evaluate the success of the health and wellness classes.
- Help with marketing Healthy Community programs to athletes and county programs.
- Represent Healthy Community programs at outreach events such as health fairs.
- Other learning opportunities as assigned.
We'll work with your schedule.
5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Community Outreach